Skip to main content

Getting married

Before getting married in Denmark, you must have a certificate of marital status.


    To get married in Denmark you need to apply to the municipality where at least one of you are living, if you both meet one of the following criteria:

    • is a Danish citizen
    • is a citizen of another Nordic country
    • has a permanent residence permit in Denmark
    •  is entitled to an indefinite stay in Denmark according to the law about EU residence

    You can expect a response from us within 14 days.

    If one of you do not meet the above criteria, you must apply to the Agency of Family Law. Find more information on their website: 



    Borgerservice, Frederiksberg Rådhus
    Smallegade 1, 1. sal
    2000 Frederiksberg


    Mandag - fredag kl. 9-12

    Phone: 3821 2111

    Bestil tid i Borgerservice

    Send sikker digital post til Vielseskontoret